Maternity Management and Education
The Baby BeginningsSM program supports women throughout pregnancy and up to six weeks after delivery. Healthy pregnancies can result in fewer complications and premature births, increased birth weight, less workplace absenteeism, and reduced claim costs. A Baby Beginnings obstetrical nurse works with the participant and her health care provider to promote healthy behaviors and identify possible health risks.
The Baby Beginnings program helps make the pregnancy experience a healthy and happy one by offering:
- confidential pregnancy assessments including follow-up and outreach to enrolled participants;
- a comprehensive book about pregnancy, delivery, and baby care;
- educational information tailored to the participant’s needs including interactive web-based tools;
- a 24/7 support line where nurses specializing in maternity and baby care are available to answer questions;
- free text messages to provide information about pregnancy and baby care;
- post-delivery screening.
Baby Beginnings case management is available to support special cases in the event that a participant develops complications with her pregnancy. An experienced maternity nurse will work closely with the participant and her health care provider to help provide support, answer questions, and assist with any special needs.
In addition, women who are thinking about becoming pregnant can enroll in the preconception program, which is designed to help potential mothers make the best decisions about health, nutrition, and lifestyle habits before they become pregnant.